Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Telly



Normally, I would regale you all with some of my MMO or gaming exploits, but today, I decided to chat about what I've been watching instead. Not that I've not been playing anything, I have. I put in a good three hours of work last night on my Paladin, Oakley, and managed to get him to level 58 before logging off last night. I also picked up Motorstorm: Pacific Rift for my PS3, also, a fantastic game that should keep me well entertained till I get my Xbox back.

But instead, I'd like to talk about two of my favorite shows, LOST and Battlestar Galactica.

First, lets talk about Lost. I've been watching it religiously since the middle of season 2. I really had no interest in the show during the first season. I would catch a few shows here and there, but I really didn't become as they say, a Lostie, till the middle of season 2, partly because I finally set my Tivo to record it, and was able to watch a string of shows together in a row, which really helps with continuity issues. But, I'm only interested in discussing my theory about this season and what they have revealed so far. Basically, in last nights episode, it finally clicked and I've figured it out.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT

Basically, its about time travel. Why did the "others" infiltrate the survivors, take their names and then proceed to capture people, get them off the island and keep Jack and crew around? Because they already knew who the primary people that needed to stay were due to the island traveling up and down the time string this season. Sawyer and his people keep bouncing around, they will probably meet the "Others" and explain to them who they are and from that bit of information, they will know how to act in the future when the plane crash lands. Basically, they know what to do because the plane survivors from the future tell them what will have to transpire.

Crazy isn't it? It's kind of like the scene in the "Matrix" when the oracle tells Neo not to worry about the vase and then proceeds to break it. If she had said nothing, would he have even turned around? So far, Lost has meet and exceeded my expectations this year. There are still lots of things to be explained, like the Smoke Monster, Richard and the dead people that keep appearing. Still, I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, or at least I think I am. lol

Battlestar Galactic is another show that just keeps me glued every week and one that I have no theories or answers for. The show just keep surprising me with its honestly and brutality. I know that a lot of what we'll find out in the remaining episodes will lead us towards the next series, which will be a prequel, still I don't even care if they find a safe place to call home. It seems fitting that they remain constantly searching, but I'm sure fans would go nuts and start hunting down the shows writers.

I just wanted to shout my fandom for thses two shows and if your not watching them, your freaking NUTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment