Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dear Blog

Dear Blog,

I want to apologize for my lack of attention over the last several months  year.  I did not mean to neglect you, although G+ is pretty, less format restrictive and just plan fun to be around, it doesn't mean I don't love you anymore or less.  Yes, I know I have spent a LOT of time with her, but that doesn't mean that deep down I don't still consider you to be my first and only love.  And to prove it, I'm going to try over the next year few  months  weeks and spend as much time as possible with you, hoping we can rekindle some of that lost long forgotten magic that we once had together.

First off lets do a bit of catching up.

Over the last year I've been engaged in several conversations of high interest. I picked up Diablo 3 thinking it would be a fantastic sequel to Diablo 2, but it failed right out of the gate and I railed against it a lot of G+.  Their Auction House idea was a disaster and people stopped playing it after reaching top level or in my case, after finishing the game on Easy mode.  I swore that the game was horrible and that I would never return to it.  However, in the past few months, I've purchased the expansion and level capped 4 different characters.  Another interesting story is a conversation I had over on G+ concerned my stern position against getting involved in any games with a subscription based model since there are way too many great Free 2 Play games out there and spending any money monthly on a game is just a waste of good cash, which is why I'm currently subbing to WildStar and not spending as much time in Guild Wars 2.  

It would seem that this past year consisted mainly of me reversing my position on a lot of things.  I feel that if I had just stayed with my blog a lot of these reversals wouldn't have been possible.  I'd not be playing WildStar, which is a fantastic game. I would never have picked up the Diablo 3 expansion and reconnected with a good college and home town friend.  I would still be a grumpy, grouchy dwarf.

Lets see, what else happened? Oh I did purchase a PS4 at the beginning of the year, after stating that I would probably wait well into the middle of 2014 before I even considered purchasing a new system.  I again failed that saving throw.  Lucky for me, there aren't any games on the PS4 right now,   so I'm not spending a lot of money or time on it.  Which leaves me free to play pinball on my Vita from time to time.  I also purchased a 3DS XL, which I promptly bought Animal Crossing New Leaf and stopped playing after only getting a few weeks into it.  I missed all the fall and winter scenes and I'm sure my town needs lot of weed pulling to get it in good scenic shape.  But I was too busy playing Guild Wars 2, which recaptured my attention for several months and then quickly be replaced by Diablo 3, which is currently being replaced by WildStar.  Oh I'm sure I'll get back to them... maybe.

I also finished my first BioShock game, Infinity.  It was fantastic.  A lot of people didn't like the ending, but I found it very entertaining.  The combat towards the middle of the game seemed rushed or a bit too much at times, but I still enjoyed the over all enough to ignore those issues.  I plan to do a replay of it at some point once I'm devoid of any games that have my attention.  I also picked up a ton of games on Steam which are currently just taking up space on my hard drive, but when a sale is on, you just can't ignore it.  Steam seems to know exactly when I have money and exactly what games they can put on sale to grab it.  I'm sure I'll eventually get to those games, once the game companies stop releasing games for 2 years.  I put my toes into several different games as well, WarFrame, FireFall, Hearthstone, Kerbal Space Program, Sim City, South Park: Stick of Truth and probably tons more.  But as usual they grabbed my attention for a short amount of time and just as quickly they become icons cluttering up my screen as I shuffle them around to make room for the new ones that grab my attention.

Well that is about it.  I just wanted you to know that I would be spending some time with you and wanted to explain that I'm wishy washy and I've mellowed a good bit over the last year.  I'm older, but I'm not very wise, and I may say GET OFF MY LAWN from time to time, but I'm not as stringent about my views anymore.  I'm open to new ideas and I think that is a good thing.  I try to be less annoying when possible and I'll be hanging my hat here for a while at least.

Thanks for understanding

Oakstout

No comments:

Post a Comment