This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.
Apparently the rules are as follows:
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Stylish Corpse: Yes, I know, I shouldn't tag the person that tagged me, but, if I have to be honest, Ysh has one of the best discussion blogs out there. She is a bit cranky at times, well, a lot cranky at times, but that makes for a wonderful starting place for long interesting game
Pumping Irony: Scott was one of the first blogs I added to my reader. Discussions cover anything from DDO, LOTRO to Xbox 360 games. Always a very good and honest read. Besides he's a pretty good friend, so give his site a look.
The Ramblings of Jobildo: Can't remember how I ended up at Bill's site. It might have been a link from another blog, but again, a very fun site. Bill is a cartoonist for Ten Ton Hammer and also a fellow CoW along with Ysh. He covers WoW, WAR and a few other games.
Common Sense Gamer: Probably the first MMO blog I ever read and to this day I don't know how I got there, but Darren usually has lively discussions about MMO happenings and news. Most entries are short, but the discussions have been ledgendary at times which is probably why he hosts Shut Up We're Talking, a podcast dedicated to pulling topics from interesting blogs and well, discussing them with his round table of gamers.
Hudson's Hideout: Originally a WoW blog, that has slow migrated over to cover a varity of other topics such as blu-ray releases, comics, pro football and as well as other games. I can't really explain why I like Hud's blog, only to say that his mental demeanter at times keeps me coming back for more.
Thallian and Anton's MMO and...: Always a fun place to visit and read up on my anime and game developement. They discuss just about everything in the gaming community and have wonderful insight into all things anime. They are also working on creating their own game, which I look forward to playing sometime.
The Fickle Corebear: This site is actually a recent addition to my blog reader. Makkaio is a someone I discovered while crusing the CoW's Forum boards, under their blogger thread. If there is anyone who deservers to be awarded an honesty award it's Makkaio. You just have to read it to understand.
Ok, now the hard part.
- I own tons of games, but I've never once finished one. Sure, I've gotten to 70 in WoW, but does that really count as finishing a game?
- I would be completely lost without my wife, Angie.
- I like Musicals. Paint your wagon and Hello, Dolly are two of my favorite.
- I like to solo more than playing with friends, a habit I'm slowly trying to break.
- I'm a poser when it comes to cars, the economy, and politics. I know nothing, but I pretend I do.
- I'm a loud talker and don't know how to control it.
- I'm very bad at spelling and sentence structure and yet, I have a blog, go figure the irony there.
- The term speaking before you think was created to describe me.
- Starting projects isn't my problem, only finishing them.
- I've always wanted to be part of a MEME, but am always sad when I never get tagged and everyone else on my blog reader is, thank you YSH, your my new hero.