Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Bad Science



This will be short.

The Star Trek currently in the theaters, and directed by J.J. Abrams is a MOVIE! It is not a representation of life as we know it now, its a possible future and things like, transporters, shuttle craft, warp drives they don't exist except in the imagination. Therefore to say the science concerning something that is, well, not real, might be bad is just crazy.

The purpose of seeing a Science FICTION movie is that it lets one suspend their disbelieve so they can enjoy the unimaginable. The science is neither good nor bad in these movies because it isn't real.

So just shut up, enjoy the fake science and have a good time.

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. What? No review? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds of people getting all bent out of shape because something isn't realistic enough in a D&D session...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @guilded - I already reviewed the movie a few posts back. But to refresh, the movie was awesome. I have seen it 3 times in the theater, which is the first movie since The Matrix that I have seen that many times in the theater.

    I did see one of the Pirate movies twice, but only because I went with co workers and then took my lovely wife.

    I just get annoyed with people complaining about this or that, when infact, they probably had a fantastic time at the theater, but want to say something negative because they truly don't know how to experience a great adventure.

    It might be bad science now, but centuries down the road, it might become great science, who are we to discourage that. Someone did a movie about traveling to the moon back in the early 1900's (Le Voyage dans la Lune) and I'm pretty sure we managed to do that one.

    Who knows what the future will hold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Star Trek! I loved it! And I didn't think the science was fake at all. When the original series was out, I bet it seemed cool that they could talk through their tiny communicator devices, but now just about everybody seems to have Cel phones.

    ReplyDelete