Friday, April 30, 2010

The Losers!



Today was 1/2 day cinema day. Meaning, I took a 1/2 day at work and went to see the LOSERS!

Well, I was faintly interested in the movie. I figured of all the stuff out there, that I could go see without my significant other, this movie would be just the thing. I figured it would have some decent action, descent actors and one very hot actress! It's actually based on a DC/Vertigo comic of the same name. I am or rather was a huge Vertigo comic fan back in the late 80's, early 90's but this particular comic never crossed my path. That being said, all I really knew about the movie was what I was seeing in trailers and various geek podcasts!

So, I had no expectations. I just hoped, I wasn't wasting my $7.00 matinee cash on something juvenile and or gawd awful!

Well, the movie was both funny and action packed. Parts of it seemed a bit silly, but it is based off of a comic book so I didn't hold that against them. The writing wasn't too bad, considering I laughed pretty loud at most of the jokes. The plot isn't too hard to follow and if you've ever seen any picture where a group go up against a major bad guy then you pretty much know the flow of this movie. There were some obstacles thrown in but not many red herrings. There was never a "WoW, I had no idea!" aspect to the movie, but for an afternoon flick that was a get away from work, lose all your troubles kind of movie, it was great. It was much more entertaining than that bloat that was Alice in Wonderland and I happen to be a fan of both Tim and Johnny's work.

However, this is a guy movie. Insert disclaimer here (that statement is kind of loaded because there were only 5 people in the theater, one of them happened to be a woman and she did laugh as loud if not louder than I did at times.) I whole heartedly enjoyed the movie and plan to buy it when it comes out on Blu-Ray in 3 or so months, if not sooner. I felt the same about Live Free or Die Hard, another silly, yet action packed movie that is nothing but a popcorn eating affair.

So two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment