Friday, October 31, 2008

The Break


I'm taking a break from MMO's for a bit, just so I can enjoy some new Xbox 360 games I picked up with my birthday money this month (Oct 4th btw). The new games are Fable 2 and Fallout 3. Both have managed to capture my money and my time lately, sorry CoW guildies.

To start with, both are fantastic games. I've spent about 6 hours on both and I have to say, money well spent. Both have pretty open worlds, meaning, you don't have to do the main story line right away. These games do not lead you around on a leash saying, "go hear and do this before time runs out or you'll never be able to finish the game." You can do what you want when you want. As you adventure, your decisions, good or evil, will effect how you are perceived by others and can change the outcome of certain quests. Even though they sound similar to some degree, both games are very different in design and feel differently when played. This is causing me a lot of conflict. I like both of them equally so it's hard to decide which one to choose when I have free time. If only all the problems in the world were this complex. lol

My other issue is that Gears of War 2 will be out soon and I'll have three games I have to choose between, not to mention the money I am currently sinking into not 1 but 2 MMO's. It's hard being a gamer sometimes.

Because of all the console playing and work, I've only managed to do a few things in WAR and WoW over the last month. Not sure what I'm going to do once WOTLK arrives. I doubt I will be able to devote much time to that with all these awesome Xbox games to play. Besides, with me getting shoulder surgery in December, my gaming will be very limited during the up coming holiday season.

I'll post more about my thoughts on Fable 2 and Fallout 3. My advice, you can't go wrong with either one of them right now, both deliver lots of great game play and many hours of fun.

2 comments: