Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Echos of Doom



Currently I'm updating WoW to the new content patch, but due to is size (1.2G) it will take me almost 4hrs to download it and I'm not even sure the servers will be up by that time. According to some sites, yesterday's deployment of the patch didn't go very well and servers stayed down well into the evening.

Lots of changes with the patch:

One huge improvement is the placement of items such as mounts, vanity pets, Badges of Justice and Battleground tokens in their own tab on the character page and removing them from bags and banks slots to free up space. I know this will make several people, who collect just about every vanity pet in the game a lot happier. More info can be found here.

I'm looking forward to reworking all my talents for my two level 70's since all their points will be refunded because all talent rees got reworked, nerfed and recieved new talents for the race to 80. I just love spending all my game time planning out my spec by doing tons of on line research, then having to spend lots of money to rework it once I discover I've put a point in the wrong place or the spec I have chosen for my character only works right on sundays after a full moon while wearing a funny hat.

Also, can't wait to start downloading and replacing all my mods because I'm sure there isn't one still in tact after the patch was released. But I'm sure it will only take me a month at the least to get everything back in order. Just in time for the WOTLK release, WOOOT.

I think Blizzard loves to give you lots of money through the use of the Auction house and Daily quests, then spends all their free time find ways to remove it from us through things like Tradeskills, mounts, vanity pets, and hairstyles. A vicious cycle.

I am looking forward to trying out some of the new content, like Stormwind Harbor and a few other things. I don't think I will be changing my mage's hair style because, as some of you in WAR already know, I love the comb over look.

I'll report more once I can get in the game and look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment