Another eventful week is flying by here at the studio. As always the team has been working non-stop to bring you updates and make the game you love even better. This morning (10/15/085) at 6AM EDT all North American Servers will be coming down to begin the update to version 1.0.3.! Oceanic servers will follow at 9AM EDT, we anticipate all servers to be back online by 2PM EDT. While these notes are subject to change they'll give you a taste of what you have to look forward to as 1.0.3 approaches!
- We're pleased to announce the addition of a new regional chat system. This item has been one of our most requested features, and you can find the details below.
- We have made additional improvements to the functionality of the /ignore command. This command should now work more consistently.
- A “new mail” icon has been added to the edge of the minimap to alert players when new mail messages have arrived.
- We have made some additional improvements to the handling of NPC speech and action text in an effort to reduce the amount of chat players see from NPCs.
- In order to provide a more challenging and rewarding experience, we have adjusted the overall speed at which players can gain control of zones and move the campaign.
- Pet behavior has been improved and should act more naturally when changing between passive and defensive modes while the pet is fighting multiple enemies.
- The war against the gold sellers continues! We have introduced a new "report gold seller" command that works as follows: when you type /rg, the game will automatically fill out a gold seller appeal using the name of the last player who sent you a tell. If you get an unwanted /tell from a pesky gold seller, type /rg to start an appeal and get them busted!
- We have added a new option to the user settings that will allow players to enable or disable shader caching. This is a graphical performance option, and for a full explanation, players can hover their mouse over this option in the user settings window. This should help improve performance on many systems.
Mythic continues to amaze me at the speed in which they fix and add new options to the game. Finally, a company that listens players and acts instead of dragging their feet. They are building a very good reputation and fortifying their game for years to come.