Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Question?


How many think that once the NDA is lifted there will be a flood of positivity about WAR?

I read about how people are itching to tell what they know about WAR and how much they want to explode with knowledge, but is that going to be good for the public? Might some people be just as eager to tell how bad WAR is?

Naw, I did not think so either, but you have to ask yourself, what happens next? If everyone who's in closed beta has mostly positive things to say, will that leave us wondering if WAR will be the answer to WoW, or just something to keep us going till WOTLK comes out? Is WAR just something that seems new and different, but in the end will be come stale and boring like any other MMO?

How unique is WAR anyway? They aren't breaking new boundries, they are taking the basic IP, giving it the standard MMO treatment and changing up a few things to make it seem different like the RvR and Tome of Knowledge. Till recently, they kept pushing back the release date, like most MMO's. They have cut a few things from production to meet the new release date of September 18th, which Heartless has pointed out, even WoW has done.

So will it be different enough to beat WoW? Will it capture millions of players like WoW did?

Honestly, I think so. I've never been this excited about a game before. Prior to this, I casually knew what the WARHAMMER IP was, but never for the life of me thought it would interest me this much. I'm actually in a guild pre launch, something I've never done or been interested in and it rocks. I search the forums and fan sites for the smallest bit of information about the game, knowing full well that I'm encouraging the hype, but I can't help it. I won't say that I'm addicted to a game thats not even been released, but the anticpation is killing me. I already have a pre order with Gamestop, but I bought a $1.00 pre order box from Target, just so I would have an open beta key, because I don't trust Gamestop to have mine. lol

Lets just say that I'm looking forward to seeing the NDA go away. I plan to spend a good bit of time checking out blogs and other sites. If there is any negativity about the game, at this stage, I don't think it would discourage me from playing it, that is how bad I have it now.

There are still lots of questions that need to be answered. Lucky for me, I know the answer to the most important one.

Will I be playing WAR over WoW?

The answer is YES!

3 comments:

  1. I'm just waiting for the announcement, then my flood of video coverage begins! ** taps foot **

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have your site on my Google reader, along with a bunch of others, so I should get as good a coverage as NBC and the Olympics lol.

    ReplyDelete