Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Movie, Coraline



Last night, I asked my Sweetheart what she wanted to do for Valentine's day and to my surprise she suggested going to see "Coraline". I had heard about the movie, but hadn't invested a lot of my energy researching it, one, because it's an animated feature, which my wife never wants to go see unless its a Pixar movie, and two, it's in 3D.

Now, I know a lot of people will be surprised to hear this, especially those that know me because if I'm not playing video games, I'm either in front of the television or I'm out sitting in a movie theater, but I've never seen a movie in 3D before. Sure, I've seen stuff at Disney World or at Disneyland like "It's tough to be a Bug" or "Honey, I shrunk the audience" but no commercial 3D movies, until now.



Apparently, the story is based on a children's book of the same name written by Neil Gaiman, who by chance is one of my favorite authors. The movie is really good. The 3D was a nice touch, but the story and animation could have done well with out it, especially since wearing 3D glasses tends to make the movie look a lot darker than it is.

The movie is well worth the price of admission and would recommend it to anyone. It's rated PG, but I would discourage taking kids younger than 7 due to some pretty scary stuff near the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment